Incorporated in 1953, Henderson is Nevada's second largest city with more than 300,000 residents. The City is committed to providing premier amenities and services to all who choose to live, learn, work and play here. As the City of Henderson seeks to promote a more sustainable future, maintaining a high quality of life while pursuing a progressive approach to environmental issues is critical to its continued success.
The City adopted the slogan "Henderson - A Place to Call Home" in order to reflect a community that enjoys small-town values while benefitting from big-city efficiencies. The fine amenities found in our community include a celebrated variety of excellent shopping, dining and entertainment options, earning Henderson national recognition and awards, such as:
- National Gold Medal Award Winner for Excellence in Parks and Trails from the National Recreation and Park Association.
- One of America's Best Cities by Business Week
- One of America's Safest Cities by Forbes Magazine
- A Bicycle Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists
- Age Friendly Community by AARP and the World Health Organization