Welcome Guest,

Community Data

Select an indicator from the list to view more data

Living Wages

In many U.S. communities, workers in low-wage jobs do not earn sufficient income to provide basic needs, such as shelter, clothing, and nutritious food, given the local cost of living. This indicator... Read More

In many U.S. communities, workers in low-wage jobs do not earn sufficient income to provide basic needs, such as shelter, clothing, and nutritious food, given the local cost of living. This indicator considers the sufficiency of wages and affordability for working people and families. Data comes from the Census Bureau’s American Community Survey, Tables DP02 and DP03, and the Living Wage Calculator.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Approximately 65% of household incomes meet or exceed living wage standards, meaning the remaining 35% earn incomes at a rate that exceed the local costs of living for basic needs like housing, food, and transportation. This is also caused by a high share of local jobs that pay lower wages.

Supporting documentation: indicator17_starsubset_ind17_livingwages2017.xlsx (26.73 KB)